Introduction to SIMS - Summer 2019
Introduction to SIMS
Key Stage All
SIMS is the database which holds all pupil/student data and is crucial to the day-to-day administration of a school. If you are new to role, it is extremely important that you are trained on how to manage and edit this data as this information forms an integral part of the schools administration management.
This course will involve school-based activity exercises using a training data set. The day will focus on:
- Adding new pupils/students into the SIMS system to enrol them into the school
- Recording leavers
- Accurately editing pupil/student data including moving a family to a new address
- Recording exclusions to ensure that this is collected for School Census
- Importing Common Transfer Files (CTFs) to update all previous statutory school history for pupils/students
- Managing agencies and agents
- Creating basic reports
This course will enable you to:
- Correctly and securely record and amend pupil/student records
- Support teaching and other support staff
- Retrieve accurate data for the Senior Leadership Team
The training is aimed at new school-based employees or a person who wishes to gain employment within a school environment.
Cost: £0 Subscribers or £245 Non-Subscribers
Please Note: Maximum 2 free delegates per subscribing school only.
Venue: Link2ICT, 5th Floor, Fort Dunlop, Fort Parkway, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 9FD
To book online please visit www.link2ict.org/training or select the Register Now! link above