Online safety in the Primary Curriculum
Does your school have a planned online safety education across the curriculum?
If not, this can be an indicator of inadequate practice as Ofsted expect schools to provide:
“A progressive curriculum that is flexible, relevant and engages pupils’ interest; used to promote online safety through teaching pupils how to stay safe, how to protect themselves from harm and how to take responsibility for their own and others’ safety.”
The computing curriculum has online safety as an explicit strand of work at all Key Stages.
This half day training course will examine the requirements of the online safety elements of the curriculum at Key Stages 1 and 2 and link this to a range of resources allowing staff to plan an appropriate scheme of work for their school.
Aim of the Session
- To provide an understanding of the requirements for Foundation, Key Stage1 and Key Stage 2
- Provide a range of resources to support each of these areas
- Implement a Framework for developing a scheme of work for the school
This course is intended for
- Senior Management Team
- Online safety Co-ordinators
- ICT Co-ordinators and Teachers