Fast Track EPICT Online Safety Training 2020
Fast Track EPICT Online Safety Training
The EPICT Online Safety Qualification is aimed at everyone working with children and young people to recognise their knowledge of online safety through an internationally recognised qualification.
By taking the EPICT Online Safety Qualification you, your school or organisation can mark the start of a commitment to keeping children and young people safe online.
EPICT qualification is designed to encourage participants to consider ways in which to support children and young people in balancing benefits and risk in their online world, ultimately leading to a safe and productive experience for the children and young people involved. There are four topic areas discussed: cyberbullying, grooming, online safety threats and digital literacy.
Following attendance on the course, participants are asked to submit an assignment of between 750 and 1000 words (excluding appendices) which reflects the work or project they have done. The assignment should demonstrate an understanding of the impact of the work or project on improving safety for children and young people and an evaluation of the impact of the work or project on the organisation.
Participants can choose from the following task list:
- Delivery of a standard curriculum based lesson or series of lessons incorporating online technology and embedding online safety practice
- Dedicated Online Safety Awareness session with children and young people
- Staff Development session on online safety awareness, online safeguarding and school/organisation practice
- Parents session on online safeguarding – includes awareness raising and school/organisation and home practice advice
- Governors/External Stakeholder session on online safeguarding – includes awareness raising and school/organisation and home practice advice
- Production of school/organisation reference and/or regulatory documentation in the area of online safety for a defined audience, addressing potential threats and advising appropriate technology use.
This course will enable you to:
- Consider current digital communication threats and the benefits of technology usage
- Look at the importance of digital and information literacy and consider the issues arising from commercialism such as malicious communications and advertising
- Discuss online grooming, online bullying, inappropriate contact and content and social networking issues
- Look at recommended safety precautions when supervising children online and responding to incidents
- Provide resources to inform, guide and support education professionals in these areas of e-safeguarding.
The course is aimed at Designated Safeguarding Lead, Online Safety Co-ordinators and any other staff with an online safety interest.
This is a half day training session.
How to register:
- Online - visit the training page on www.link2ict.org/training
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone - contact 0121 303 8001 or 0121 303 5100
Cost: £269.00 per person. This cost includes half day training, EPICT assessment fee per participant and feedback on your assessment.