Leading Data Protection 2020
Leading Data Protection
This course is essential for Senior Leaders with responsibility for Data Protection or for those who have been appointed as the School Data Protection Officer (DPO). This course is designed to support and equip them with best practices, provide information and methodologies to support them in their role.
The DPO should have due regard to the risk associated with processing operations, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing. This course provides real practical support and advice for those who have a Data Protection Officer (DPO) role in schools or who lead on data protection in school. It will help you to reflect on your day-to-day practice and develop strategies that support appropriate compliance.
Schools are required to appoint a Data Protection Officer; a DPO should be appointed based on their professional qualities and expert knowledge of data protection law and practices. They are to assist you to monitor internal compliance, inform and advise on your data protection obligations, provide advice regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and act as a contact point for data subjects and the supervisory authority. The lead on data protection in school needs to be aware of strategies to improve data protection and is supported by the DPO. A DPO will help a school demonstrate compliance and are part of the enhanced focus on accountability. The DPO can be an existing employee or externally appointed.
This course will allow you:
- To understand the role of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) and how the lead for Data Protection in school will work together
- To understand and develop the key requirements of monitoring compliance and to support colleagues with the data protection obligations
- To develop your understanding of the day-to-day practices required for assisting with compliance against the GDPR regulations 2018.
- To understand “privacy by design” and ensure it is a strength of the school.
- To consider a range of case study material and use this as part of your development for best practices.
This course is intended for:
This course is suitable for school staff appointed as Data Protection Officers and school staff who have a strategic and operational data protection role in school.
This is a whole day training session.
How to register:
- Online - visit the training page on www.link2ict.org/training
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone - contact 0121 303 8001, 0121 303 8036 or 0121 303 5100