DfE funded platform
DfE Funded Digital Education Platforms
Here at Entrust Education Technologies (Link2ICT), our priority is to support educational establishments as they adapt to their new ways of working, and we’re pleased to say we can help provide your school with free-to-use remote education as part of the new DfE scheme.
Digital platforms will improve:
- Teacher’s ability to assign and assess work, providing feedback remotely
- Students’ ability to access curriculum content and communicate digitally on any device that is connected to the internet, irrespective of location
In addition, when implemented effectively, digital platforms enable:
- Communication between staff, students and parents in real time, using written word, voice and video
- The option for pupils and teachers to collaborate on projects in real time
Schools can now apply for government funded support to get set up on one of two free-to-use digital education platforms: Google G Suite for Education or Microsoft Office 365 Education.
Your school will benefit from training to maximise the features of the technology and use of materials to provide a rich and engaging educational experience. This includes online resources, support getting set up, webinars and peer-to-peer support between schools.
Once registered and approved, schools will receive:
- Funded support from an accredited partner to get set up on either Google G Suite for Education or Microsoft Office 365 Education
- Free training on how to use the platform, through online resources, webinars and peer-to-peer support between schools
We have been vetted and accredited by Google to deliver on the technical deployment of G Suite, so if you decide that Google’s education platform suits you best, we can support you to make the move and get you set up. After an initial technical handover, we will also provide you with up to five hours of free CPD training, delivered by fellow educators, to help you get the best from the platform and can also provide additional long-term CPD support to fit your needs.
As an education and skills support services organisation, we’re all about excellence in education, creating better outcomes and making things easier for our customers. It’s central to everything we do. Our aim is to support you through these difficult times so you can continue to support pupils, parents and employees.
The new scheme requires you to select the company you want to help you with the move, and we hope you will consider Entrust Education Technologies/Link2ICT as your trusted partner.
You're eligible for this support if you:
- Don't currently have a digital education platform; or
- Are already using Office 365 or G Suite, but are not yet set up to assign work and communicate with pupils
Visit The Key for School Leaders to register or to find out more. There, you will be able to access feature comparisons between the two platforms as well as case studies on how schools are making the most of the two platforms.
If you have any questions about the scheme or how Entrust are involved, please contact us.