Improving writing with Technology
An Introduction to Blogging, wikis and website content creation for Primary School pupils
This half-day course provides a hands-on practical session demonstrating the power and potential of collaboration tools in the classroom. The course will feature examples of how the influence of a global audience can make an immediate impact on pupil standards and progress across the primary curriculum. Examples and techniques will be covered including issues related to eSafety and parental involvement.
This hands-on course will provide clear and easy to use methods and techniques, which can be used to make an immediate impact in the classroom. It will look at a range of platforms and support for choosing and setting these up in your school.
- To understand why blogging can make an impact on learning
- To recognise the key issues regarding eSafety and blogging
- To know how to set up and manage a class blog, wiki and website
- Add a variety of media such as audio, video, interactivity, text and images
- To look at how collaboration through wikis can enhance writing
- Create and use a wiki
- Create and edit a webpage
- ICT/Computing Leaders
- Teachers and teaching assistants interested in embracing the power of blogging, wikis and websites