An introduction to creating web pages with HTML
An introduction to creating web pages with HTML and CSS
This half day practical session will introduce delegates to HTML and CSS. It will explain how they are used to build web pages and examine how these concepts can be taught to pupils. You will build your own simple web pages and display them in a browser. A range of free resources will be discussed and how they may be introduced in school.
This course complements the Switched on Computing Unit 4.4 We are HTML editors and aligns with elements from the CAS Computing Progression Pathway.
- Uses a variety of software to manipulate and present digital content: data and information.
- Communication and Networks
- Understands how to construct static web pages using HTML and CSS.
- To understand what HTML and CSS are and how they are used to create web pages
- To recognise common HTML and CSS elements and how they are used
- To know how to create simple web pages and display them in school or on the Internet
To have a range of resources that can be used to
- Further develop your own knowledge and understanding
- Engage pupils creating their own web site.
While no previous experience is required, it is expected that all participants possess good basic computer skills, are comfortable switching between different computer programs and saving/loading files from different locations
This course is intended for
- ICT/Computing Leaders
- Teachers interested in understanding the basics of HTML
- Teaching assistants interested in understanding the basics of HTML