Online safety for governors
As a Governor, are you aware of the online safety responsibilities of the Governing body and the school?
This session is aimed at Governing bodies and will explore the role of governors in supporting and challenging the school in how they address their online safety responsibility.
This evening or twilight session will support Governors to
- Become aware of a variety of online safety issues
- Understand the importance of online safety policies and acceptable use policies
- Consider different online safety situations and discuss how to deal with them
- Be aware of national standards and awards for online safety
The course is aimed at School Governors and further training can be provided by attending
- Governor data security training course/consultancy
At the end of the sessions you will
- Have an awareness of the various online safety issues that schools face
- Gain an awareness of how to deal with different online safety situations
- Be aware of how to ensure that the young people in your school are safe and are protected from potential harm
- Understand the importance of online safety policies and acceptable use policies to ensure these are adhered to within the school