Online safety self assessment
High quality leadership and management make online safety a priority across all areas of the school.
Your online safety policy should be integrated with other relevant policies such as behaviour, safeguarding and anti-bullying.
How do you assess the quality of your school's online safety provision?
This half day session will provide guidance and support to ensure your school can undertake the 360 Self Review tool as indicated in the new Ofsted online safety Inspection criteria. You will also gain knowledge to highlight the level of provision within your school, how to provide reports to highlight areas of success and future improvements. The training received if adopted will be a good way to present your online safety provision when Ofsted come calling.
This training course is designed to support Headteachers, Senior Leaders, ICT/Online Safety Co-ordinators and Teachers to meet the requirements of the section 5 Online Safety briefing for Inspectors including:
- Use the Self Review tool to highlight your online safety provision
- Recognise the standard expected to achieve the online safety mark
- Understand how to produce reports and use them as part of the School Development Plan
- Be able to apply the online safety mark
- Benchmark against best practices and create an action plan for improvement
- Understanding of the elements of the Self Review Framework
This course is intended for
- Senior Management Team
- ICT Co-ordinators
- Online Safety Co-ordinators and Teachers
By the end of the course
- You will understand where your school sits in relation to the key areas outlined in the Ofsted guidance in relation to: whole school consistent approach, robust and integrated reporting routines, staffing, policies, education, infrastructure, monitoring and evaluation and management of personal data.
- Having an understanding of what improvements needs to be done to move your school forward to achieve the key features of good and outstanding practices.
- Have the knowledge of where to seek further advice and guidance.