Leading Science in Primary Schools
A consultant with significant inspection experience talks about assessing and tracking science achievements
This full day course is an opportunity to hear from established Science Adviser in two local authorities. She has extensive experience as a school improvement partner and as an OFSTED inspector in the primary phase. The Consultant is the author of Engaging Science, a scheme of work developed with teachers in Solihull where she worked as an Advisor. This course will provide a valuable insight in assessing science achievements in primary schools.
Why you should take this course:
As a core subject, leadership of science is an important aspect of primary school management. This course provides an opportunity for science leaders to develop or consolidate their leadership skills and to ensure that their leadership covers all the essential elements to ensuring the best possible provision for science in their schools.
- To develop strategies to help both new and experienced primary science leaders in carrying out the role of science leader
- to look at principles of assessment and OFSTED recommendations for assessment and tracking in science
- to explore self-evaluation techniques for science leaders, both for school self-evaluation and in preparation for inspection
- Gain awareness of the various techniques available for self-evaluation or assessments.
The course is aimed at primary science subject leader.
This is a full day training course (09:00 – 16:30)
How to register:
- Online - www.link2ict.org
- Email - email@example.com
- Telephone - contact 0121 303 8001 or 0121 303 5100