Making Apps in the Primary Curriculum 2020
Making Apps in the Primary Curriculum
Making Apps in the Primary Curriculum, where do you start?
This half day course will mainly be a practical session and kit will be provided to use on the day. No previous knowledge is required, apart from a basic knowledge of using computers and iPads - the apps we will look at do not require an understanding of coding. We will share our experience of running a project in a primary school. We will look at suggested content, planning a project, resource creation and carry it through to app completion. It is an ideal activity to use across the curriculum where pupils have the opportunity to showcase their learning across several subjects, in a fun and creative way.
Course Aims & Objectives:
- To make an app for use in a school environment
- To create a range of resources to use with the app
- To be able to add a variety of media such as audio, video, interactivity, text and images to the app
- To consider the planning, management, teaching and learning aspects of delivering a cross curricular project
- To know how to set up and manage class accounts
- To recognise the key issues regarding Online Safety and Data Protection
- Delegates will learn the essentials of designing and programming your own mobile app and can take it back to school.
- This session will combine creativity and technology to produce an android or smartphone app.
This course is aimed at Teachers leading the Computing curriculum; teachers and teaching assistants interested in embracing the power app creation.
This is a half day training course.
How to register:
- Online - visit the training page on
- Email - email@example.com
- Fax - complete the attached booking form and return on 0121 303 3552
- Telephone - contact 0121 303 8001 or 0121 303 5100