Scratch - First Steps in Programming 2016
Introduction to Teaching Scratch programming in Primary School:
This half day training course will provide an introduction to teaching programming using Scratch.
Course Aims & Objectives:
The aim of the course is to develop among teachers an understanding of Scratch programming language and an appreciation of how it can be used to support the Computing Curriculum.
This course is intended for:
The course is aimed at all primary teachers interested in using ICT to promote learning in their classroom.
While no programming experience is required, it is expected that all participants possess basic computer and keyboarding skills.
During this course, we will look at examples of how Scratch could be used to teach programming at Key Stage 1 and 2. The session will provide practical hands experience and will culminate with each participant creating an interactive game.
At the end of the session you will:
- Learn problem solving, logic and storytelling skills
- Learn basic computer programming, while building a simple game - without writing any code
- Identify cross curricular links
How to register:
- Online - visit the Training page on
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax - complete the attached booking form and return on 0121 303 3552
- Telephone - contact 0121 303 8001
This is a half day training session.
Cost: £149.00 per person (£179 for non-subscribing schools)