Leading Computing in a Primary School - 2 day course
Leading computing, where do you start?
This two day course will help you develop a clear vision and action plan for leading computing in your school.
This course will provide you with strategies to enable you to support and empower the classroom teachers in your school.
Delegates will explore the role of the computing leader, and help to develop skills as a subject specialist. You will look at ways to manage and successfully deliver the computing curriculum, suggest strategies for engaging learners and empowering staff. You will explore new technologies and apps and how they can be used to enhance learning.
- Looking at Ofsted requirements for good or better in computing
- Looking at how to evidence and monitor pupils work and progress
- Exploring different assessment models
- Looking at skills progression across the curriculum
- Looking at resources to develop computational thinking
- Empowering able pupils – ideas for creating a digital leader network
- Resources management – what are you doing?
This course is intended for ICT/Computing Leaders.