Digital Monitoring Service
Following increasing demands to safeguard our children from online threats such as radicalisation, extremism, cyber bullying, pornography and grooming.
Link2ICT is continuously developing its safeguarding programme to ensure schools have all of the support they need to keep children safe in education. As well as the existing safeguarding solutions available to your school through Link2ICT (Antivirus, Encryption, Remote Backup and Content Monitoring software) we are pleased to present the latest offering in our safeguarding range - the Link2ICT Digital Monitoring Service.
This provides your school with the most comprehensive eSafety solution for keeping users safe online, while allowing access to all the benefits of the online world.
The Digital Monitoring Service protects pupils by monitoring, capturing and alerting schools to potentially harmful content or behaviour. Show Ofsted you are taking your responsibilities seriously by allowing Link2ICT’s safeguarding professionals to monitor your system on your behalf. By subscribing to the Link2ICT Digital Monitoring Service, you will receive scheduled summary reports and email alerts driven by serious incidents that have taken place within your school. In addition to this, you can also customise and request your own reports to give you the information you need the most.
Link2ICT will monitor all PCs and Macs running the Future Digital software, while analysing the captures for your school during the office hours of term time and during the holidays where necessary. The captures and reports will be assessed according to the level of risk in line with guidance from:
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre
- Internet Watch Foundation
- British Standards Institute Specification PAS 74: Internet Safety - Access control systems for the protection of children online
Each capture is then graded a level of severity on a scale of 1 - 5. If any captures showing grade 4 or 5 are detected, Link2ICT will flag this with your school with an explanation as to why. Each school will provide a named contact(s) who will be alerted by email to any Grade 4 and Grade 5 captures requiring attention.
The email will provide logging details that allow your school to access the console, view the graded captures, take appropriate action and then add a comment on actions taken e.g. “spoke to pupil” or “letter to parents”.
All actions and comments are recorded with a time and date stamp. Where necessary, Link2ICT can and will support your school in dealing with or escalating the situation. Your school will retain full ownership and access to the data, stored securely as per requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Captures are graded in accordance with the following Risk Levels:
- Grade 1: False positive - no problem
- Grade 2: Inappropriate content or behaviour
- Grade 3: Potentially unsafe content or behaviour
- Grade 4: Serious, non-urgent child safety threat
- Grade 5: Serious and urgent child safety threat - present or imminent danger
The monitoring service offers a breakthrough in providing a safer learning environment:
- Without limiting the web experience
- Without excessive network management
- Without significant costs or loss of learning opportunities
- Without the added hassle for staff having to manage the system and captures
- Alleviate your staff from the burden of content monitoring and let Link2ICT do the work for you.
The Link2ICT Digital Monitoring Service will support your requirements as per the following guidance:
Take a look at our short video highlighting how the Link2ICT Monitoring Service works: