Free School Meals
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
The funding will be valid for any pupil eligible for free school meals (FSM) within the last 6 years. It is therefore more crucial than ever that schools access their full entitlement based on eligible pupil numbers.
The Link2ICT Free School Meals Eligibility Checking Service
The Link2ICT Free School Meals Eligibility Checking Service provides an online form, accessible through any device, which enables parents, carers or schools on their behalf to check their eligibility for FSM and therefore Pupil Premium funding.
Through our link to the Local Authority, the data is checked against the Department for Education’s (DfE) Eligibility Checking Service (ECS). In addition, as pupils’ circumstances frequently change, the system will update regularly and the school will have access to up to date information.
Please take a look at our video showing you how to use the Link2ICT Free School Meals Eligibility Checking Service and how it benefits pupils, parents and schools:
- Provides a meal where in some cases a meal would not be provided therefore increasing performance
- Removes embarrassing associations with FSM application
- Additional provision of Summer School places (to help with transition to Secondary School) based on FSM Eligibility
- Offers a faster, simpler, and more convenient application process
- Delivers instant notification of entitlement
- Reduces application errors through computer assisted validation
- Removes the need for reapplication where eligibility continues
- Removes stigma as face-to-face meetings will no longer be required for application
- Provides latest information about which children can be offered free meals
- No more form filling in reception or sending off endless copies of documentation
- Save administrative time and utility costs
- Encourages reluctant parents to register for FSM entitlement where they previously wouldn’t and maximise funding through Pupil Premium
- Accurate FSM eligibility can help school with Value Added comparisons
- Available for Maintained nurseries, schools, sixth forms and Academies
How can we access this service?
To subscribe to the Link2ICT FSM Eligibility Checking Service, please contact your Link2ICT Account Manager. Once ordered, we will provide you with credentials to log in, and a complete starter pack including templates to help you communicate this great new service to your parents/carers.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to gain your full funding entitlement.